A large number of students who qualify the GPAT test are from Pharmacy background and hence are good in subjects related to Pharmacy like Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Pharma Chemistry etc. The others aspiring to do an M.PHARMA/MS must not underestimate the importance of these subject in clearing the GPAT/GATE exam and must work towards gaining an expertise in it. The only way to do this is to take private coaching from a very early stage. The section on Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry access the level of the GPAT aspirants at Clinical level for some extents since understanding pharmacological –clinical principles are mandatory to excel in this section. Besides this to tackle the test in best effective way it is very essential to go through the basic fundas of GAPT syllabus. For this purpose its better to register/join a weekly online test series who provide complete discussion of each questions, topic wise test, live help desk, info about various pharmacy colleges etc. A very clear agenda n plan for the preparation with restricted time-table must be executed. Plan should be such that it touches the compass of each topic of respective subjects as per GPAT syllabus. The preparation should be goal-oriented. Dont try to be master of each subject since smart study & hard work both are important to hit any exam. The aspirants must tempo the preparation in right direction. I usually acknowledge that the aspirants accelerate their preparation in right direction but in the way of their formulation, they start inclining towards some particular subjects very much. The dynamics of preparation becomes uni-directional. Meanwhile the willing students should update themselves with list of different other All India Level Exams for pharma students.
Don’t forget the basics:
- Don’t forget about yourself and what you need. This means thinking of yourself as a total person, not just as a test taker.
- Maintain proper nutrition and exercise, and continue some of your social or recreational activities. It is ok to take a break once in a while.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep. You can’t function at your best if you are tired.
- Do something relaxing when you feel adequately prepared.
Prepare for those tests and assignments:
This is the best way to minimize anxiety. Here are a few tips for preparing for an exam:
• Avoid cramming for a test. Cramming can produce high levels of anxiety and is not helpful in trying to learn a large amount of material.
• Instead of trying to memorize all of the intricate details from an entire semester’s worth of notes and readings, try combining everything and learning the larger, main concepts first.
• When studying, try to create questions that could possibly be asked on the test. Try integrating ideas from lectures, notes, books and other readings.
• If it is impossible for you to cover all of the material for the test, choose one portion that you know you will be able to cover and present well.
Deal with your anxiety:
- Try to determine the source of your test anxiety. If it stems from a lack of preparation on your part, your anxiety is considered a rational response. However, if you believe that you are prepared for the test, but are still panicking or overreacting, this may be an irrational response. Either way, it can be very helpful to know how to work with their effects.
- Get yourself a fully relaxed mind. Choose a place where there is peace and no noise or disturbances etc
- Gather your study material in a logical way. Arrangement may be in order of topics you will prepare first or the topics in order of their importance or in the order the topics were covered in the class
- This is the most important step. So try to follow it.
After going through the topic well, prepare a brief summary of the whole chapter/topic. Make it in a way that all the contents are in the shape of points and are arranged in such a logical order that there is a main title first, then the subtitles and so on. Assign numbers to the points/titles so you will remember them easily and in case you forget some of these, your brain might stimulate to remember missing ones.